The Executive of the RANCDA completed its third annual workshop 20-25 Aug 18 in Melbourne and Sydney – this year we were again hosted by the ADFDS at HMAS Penguin). This workshop is conducted for the Executive to undertake face-to-face work on Association Policy, procedures and strategic planning.
The Workshop culminated with the RANCDA Annual General Meeting held at the Mosman RSL and was attended by 20 members of the Association between 1300-1430 on 24 August.
- Ratification of the revised Constitution to meet the requirements of the Incorporations Act of NSW 2009
- TF Aegis focus work, including a fire for effect 1 hour ‘check the diver’ activity
- Drafting of By-Laws for the conduct of Association business
- Determining timelines for the release of Constitution draft document and Special General Meeting/electronic voting timelines for membership endorsement of the revised Constitution
- Endorsing Terms of Reference for the Merchandising sub-committee and briefing of Committee members for the conduct of their work
- Engaging with the Eastern States Navy Clearance Divers Trust Trustees, Amanda Luhrmann and Grant Pinder
- SWOT analysis and strategic planning for the RANCDA 2019-2025
- Endorsing the completed Strategic Plan 2019-2021
- Review and endorsement of the Communications Strategy for the RANCDA
- Conduct of an Executive General Meeting including endorsement of RANCDA Annual Report for presentation at the AGM
- Rejuvenation of sponsorship and fundraising activities
- Our magazine, the Australian Navy Diver – review of operations and future directions
- Meeting with the CO HMAS Penguin for facilitation of the Memorandum of Understanding between Penguin/ADFDS and the RANCDA
- Membership engagement program review
- RANCDA is delivering a wide range of benefits to its members
- The Executive is continuing to improve governance, internal processes, and stakeholder engagement
- The Association continues to drive forward in meeting its Vision, Mission, and Objectives
The next workshop is planned in 2019 to coincide with the RANCDA Reunion in SE QLD during mid September. This will also preempt the 2019 RANCDA Annual General Meeting to be held during the same period.